Opportunities at GCNF
Position: Finance and Administrative Associate
Classification: 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Salary Range: $48,000 – $56,000 DOE
Benefits: Paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays. GCNF pays for 80% of your health care premium; 3% 401K match; Work from Home stipend
Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Finance and Administrative Associate
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Three professional references will be requested from final candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GCNF is seeking to add a fifth staff member to the team. All staff positions at GCNF require a great deal of flexibility in the willingness and ability to accomplish a wide range of tasks. We learn and apply new skills daily. Active engagement in solving a wide variety of challenges is required. The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate financial and administrative actions on behalf of GCNF. This position will play a significant role in the planning and execution of GCNF events, especially the Global Child Nutrition Forums.
Finance: Coordinate the day-to-day financial needs of the organization which may include:
- All tasks associated with accounts payable and receivable, including creating invoices, paying invoices, depositing checks, tracking and coding payments
- Coordinating with our contracted bookkeeper to ensure proper accounting of all GCNF’s financial transactions
- Monitoring credit cards and bank accounts
- Becoming familiar with GCNF’s financial statements and using them to inform help GCNF make informed decisions
- Coordinating the review and approval of monthly, quarterly, and end of year financials
- Working with staff and consultants to develop and monitor project budgets
- Coordinate and submit financial reports for private and government grants
- Assist in development and tracking of annual budget
- Liaise with the Auditor to conduct a standard audit of GCNF’s annual financial statements
- Support GCNF’s fundraising campaigns
- Track donations and send acknowledgements in GCNF’s CRM, Little Green Light
- Provide other financial support as requested
Administrative and Events: Coordinate all processes related to GCNF’s non-profit status, human resource needs, and event software which may include:
- Prepare and submit all necessary registration documents to guarantee GCNF’s legal registration at the Federal, State, and local levels including maintaining GCNF’s registered agent service and any required state charitable solicitation registrations
- Maintain relevant GCNF insurance policies
- Manage office equipment, file, supplies, travel, software, and subscriptions
- Manage outgoing and incoming correspondence and mail
- Coordinate and maintain records of staff and consultant contracts
- Manage GCNF’s Google Workspace
- Lead registration process for GCNF events, including Global Child Nutrition Forums
- Coordinate payroll, benefits, and HR activities
- Maintain responsibility for all administrative office needs
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, nonprofit management, or related field (or experience and proven success in relevant previous roles)
- Lives within reasonable driving distance to a Chase Bank location.
- Full functional use of Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and virtual meeting software
- Respect for and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and styles
- Commitment to confidentiality in managing sensitive information
- Exceptional attention to detail, skilled in research and analysis
- Ability to manage competing priorities and self-direct to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English– ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively both in a virtual environment and in person
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team and both in a lead role and a supporting role
- Knowledge of accounting principles, accrual accounting, GAAP, nonprofit accounting, laws, tax codes, government regulations, and best practices
- Skilled in QuickBooks and Little Green Light
- Previous finance and accounting experience in a nonprofit environment
- Experience in a cross-cultural environment
- Working level language skills in one or more of the following languages in addition to English (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish)
Who You Are and Keys to Success:
Curiosity and flexibility: You are naturally curious and enjoy learning new things and building new skills. You are comfortable in an at-times fast-paced environment where things can change quickly. You are interested in contributing across projects and learning about many different functions of non-profit organizations. You are ready and excited for projects that require ‘all hands-on deck’ and you readily figure out solutions to challenges.
Comfort with technology: You are tech-savvy and pick up new platforms and programs quickly. You are comfortable seeking out additional support or resources independently. You are, or can quickly become, our in-house expert when it comes to virtual meeting platforms, registration software, and Little Green Light (our Customer Relationship Management software).
Emotionally Intelligent: You have exceedingly high emotional intelligence, which allows you to communicate clearly, have difficult conversations with respect, and resolve conflicts with win-win solutions. You recognize when you need to shift an approach to achieve better outcomes and you provide excellent customer service to all our stakeholders.
Workplace Location and Work from Home:
GCNF’s official physical work location is in Seattle, WA. Under pre-approved conditions, GCNF staff may work remotely. However, some in-person work, and some domestic and international travel, at least on a periodic basis and as pandemic conditions allow, is expected for GCNF employees.