Opportunities at GCNF
There is 1 open job opportunity with GCNF at this time.
Position: Bookkeeping Associate
Classification: Independent Consultant
Rate: Final rate is highly dependent on experience and is likely in the range of $30-$45 per hour.
Time Commitment: Approximately 8-12 hours a week on average.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Bookkeeping Associate
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Three professional references will be requested from final candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Who We Are:
Global Child Nutrition Foundation (GCNF) is a small non-profit founded in 2006. We help governments around the world build national school meal programs that contribute to their educational, health, economic, agricultural, and human capital development goals.
Our flagship programs include:
The Global Child Nutrition Forum, the world’s largest annual learning exchange and technical assistance conference focused on sustainable school feeding programs.
Global Survey of School Meal Programs, providing the world’s most comprehensive data on school feeding in over 100 countries.
GCNF is governed by an international Board of Directors and led by a world leader in school feeding. Our team consists of six staff positions and is complemented by consultants and volunteers around the world. While we are a very small organization, we have an excellent reputation globally, an extensive international network, and a mighty ambition.
All positions at GCNF require a great deal of flexibility in the willingness and ability to accomplish a wide range of tasks. We learn and apply new skills daily. Active engagement in solving a wide variety of challenges is required. The Bookkeeping Associate will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records, reconciling accounts, and assisting with various other accounting-related tasks.
Bookkeeping: Coordinate the day-to-day accounting needs of the organization which may include:
- Record and categorize accounting transactions, including accounts payable and receivable
- Monitor and reconcile bank statements and credit card accounts
- Prepare and process invoices, receipts, and payments
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, including collections and payments
- Process monthly payroll through Gusto
- Process monthly retirement benefits
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records
- Coordinate the review and approval of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports
- Assist with annual budget preparation and tracking
- Liaise with Auditor to conduct a standard annual financial audit
- Provide accounting support for GCNF’s fundraising campaigns
- Provide other accounting support as required
- Exceptional proficiency in QuickBooks Online
- Minimum 3 years bookkeeping experience for nonprofits
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (or experience and proven success in relevant previous roles)
- Current knowledge of accounting principles and accrual accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and virtual meeting software
- Lives within reasonable driving distance to a Chase Bank location
- Commitment to confidentiality in managing sensitive information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and self-direct to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English– ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively both in a virtual environment and in person
- Knowledge of applicable laws, tax codes, government regulations, and best practices
- Payroll experience
Workplace Location and Work from Home:
GCNF’s official physical work location is in Seattle, WA. Under pre-approved conditions, GCNF staff may work remotely.