Global Child Nutrition Foundation (GCNF) is now hiring: Finance and Administration position (title commensurate with experience)
Classification: 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Ideal Start Date: January 3, 2022
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Finance and Administration position
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Three professional references will be requested from final candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GCNF is seeking an experienced person to handle its financial and administrative matters to start as soon as possible. The title and salary offered for the position will be based on the successful applicant’s experience as matched to GCNF needs and finances.
Overview: The primary responsibility of this position is to implement financial and administrative actions on behalf of GCNF. The incumbent is expected to maintain and improve ongoing financial and administrative processes, procedures, and policies as needed. This person should be efficient at handling multiple priorities, work efficiently, take initiative, be organized, and be a team player with a great attitude. This position also plays a significant role in the planning and execution of GCNF events, especially the Global Child Nutrition Forums.
- Facilitate the financial and administrative processes to support GCNF’s accounts payable and accounts receivable processes including preparing check/wire requests, invoicing, processing travel/expense vouchers, depositing checks, coordinating payroll and benefits, facilitating online merchant services, and documentation of these processes to the standards as outlined by the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the United States.
- Perform routine bookkeeping in Quickbooks or liaise with a contracted bookkeeper to ensure proper bookkeeping of all GCNF’s financial transactions including the monthly reconciliation of all bank and credit accounts, all income and expense transactions, all in-kind transactions, and all liability and equity of the organization to standards as prescribed by GAAP.
- Prepare all monthly financial reports for review by the Executive Director and the Treasurer of the Board.
- Manage credit card and bank accounts.
- Work with relevant staff, consultants, and funding entities to develop and monitor project budgets.
- Assist Executive Director and Finance Committee in development and tracking of annual budget.
- Liaise with the Auditor to conduct a standard audit of GCNF’s annual financial statements.
- Prepare and submit all necessary registration documents to guarantee GCNF’s legal registration at the Federal, State, and local levels including maintaining GCNF’s registered agent service and any required state charitable solicitation registrations.
- Maintain relevant GCNF insurance policies.
- Research and coordinate costs and solutions for the purchase of equipment, supplies, travel, software, subscriptions, and other items needed to support GCNF’s operations and programs.
- Support the financial and administrative aspects of GCNF’s fundraising and communications campaigns and activities.
- Ensure that all donations and fundraising activities are documented in compliance with GCNF’s status as a 501(c)3 organization.
- Manage outgoing and incoming correspondence and mail related to administrative and financial matters.
- Coordinate and maintain records of staff and consultant contracts.
- Coordinate financial, administrative, and registration components of international events, including Global Child Nutrition Forums.
- Provide other financial support as requested.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (or experience and proven success in relevant previous roles)
- Knowledge of accounting principles, fund accounting, GAAP, nonprofit accounting, laws, tax codes, government regulations, and best practices
- Skilled in QuickBooks, spreadsheets (Excel or other), Google Workspace, Zoom, and Microsoft Office
- Respect for and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and styles
- Commitment to confidentiality in managing sensitive information
- Exceptional attention to detail, skilled in research and analysis
- Ability to manage competing priorities and self-direct to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English– ability to communicate complex financial information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively both in a virtual environment and in person
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team and both in a lead role and as a subordinate
- Previous finance and accounting experience in a nonprofit environment
- Experience managing subordinate employees and contractors
- Experience in a cross-cultural environment
- International experience
- Working level language skills in one or more of the following languages in addition to English (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish)
Workplace Location and Work from Home:
GCNF’s official physical work location is in Seattle, WA. Per GCNF policy and under pre-approved conditions, GCNF staff may work remotely. However, some in-person work, and some domestic and international travel, at least on a periodic basis and as pandemic conditions allow, is expected for GCNF employees.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range: Commensurate with experience as relevant to GCNF needs and finances.
We provide medical benefits, generous paid time off, work from home stipends (during approved remote work periods), and a 401K match.
GCNF is a non-governmental, non-profit, (501c3) organization based in the United States that works with governments, businesses, and civil society organizations to support school meal programs that help children and communities thrive. GCNF provides training, technical assistance, peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunities to help governments build national school meal programs that are nutritious, locally-sourced, and ultimately independent from international aid.
Founded in 2006, GCNF is registered to operate in both Washington and Virginia. GCNF’s annual budgets over the past five years have ranged from roughly $500,000 to $1 million. Its small staff (averaging about four employees per year) is supplemented by the services of international and domestic consultants, volunteers, interns, contractors, and—on occasion—by members of its Executive Board.
While we are a very small organization, we have an excellent reputation globally, an extensive international network, and a mighty ambition.
For more information: https://gcnf.org or email@example.com