Global Child Nutrition Foundation (GCNF) expands opportunities for the world’s children to receive adequate nutrition for learning and achieving their potential.
We envision a future where school meals sustainably nourish all children and help them, their families, communities, and nations to thrive.
How We Work
GCNF is committed to the successful implementation of locally-sourced school meal programs serving all children who need them, and led by the governments of nations around the world. We serve as a global network facilitator for the involved government officials and their implementing partners, companies, experts, and others working toward this goal. Working together to identify and implement solutions—especially those that are most likely to succeed because they emanate from the partners themselves—our network members and their practical experience drive the conversation. GCNF provides the space and support to enable those conversations and build a community which—learning from one another—is able to learn and do more with less money. Members of the GCNF network have the collective power to integrate new strategies and advocate effectively to meet country and organizational goals while at the same time building stronger regional and global economies.
• Facilitates relationship building across traditional barriers like sector and geography;
• Promotes an environment of trust and mutual respect in which sustainable partnerships can be built;
• Captures and shares the experiences and stories of the network—including innovations, challenges, and lessons learned;
• Identifies gaps and develops new resources to address unmet needs in the field;
• Connects resources to meet needs among network members;
• Forges valuable partnerships with peer organizations; and
• Engages new advocates to support locally-sourced school feeding.