In less than two months, attendees of the 18th annual Global Child Nutrition Forum will be arriving in Yerevan, Armenia for a week of interactive learning and discussion. See the forum overview at-a-glance below.
Dates: September 5 to 9, 2016
Theme: Building Powerful and Durable National School Meal Programmes
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Martial De-Paul Ikounga, African Union Commissioner for Human Resources, Science and Technology
On the Agenda:
- Plenary panel sessions “What is the Case for Investing in Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF)?” and “A Comprehensive Resource Framework for HGSF”
- Country Table Discussions
- Workshops on Costing for School Meals; Advocacy; and Supply Chain Partnerships
- Technical Consultation Booths
- The Market Place, highlighting innovative organizations and services
- Visits to local schools and the Armenian Genocide Memorial
Venue: Marriott Hotel
Additional Lodging: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Note: Information on how to reserve your room will be made available after registration. Accommodations will be provided on a first come – first served basis. Forum participants are encouraged to arrive on September 4th and depart on the evening of the 9th or the morning of the 10th. Shuttles to and from the Yerevan International Airport will be available for participants who arrive and depart in this timeframe (you must make your own arrangements if you arrive or depart at different times).